A few days left before this “can’t-miss-it” show reopens its doors!
This year, the Paris International Agricultural Show will take place from February 25th to March 4th…at the Porte de Versailles as usual (Line 12, direct line from the hotel).
Little Reminder of the festivities and the most interesting tracks:
- For the kids (with activities, animals discovery, tastes…)
- For those who like eating (the new flavours, the terroirs…)
- For those who like drinking (the different wines and drinks…)
Kids or Parents, the kind of event which is rarely disappointing…
For more details, here is their website: en.salon-agriculture.com
Paris Porte de Versailles
1 place de la Porte de Versailles – 75015 Paris
20 minutes walking distance from the hotel !
This restaurant is one of the last traditional “Bouillons” (there used to be more than 250 in Paris in 1900) !
Created in 1906 by the Chartier brothers (cf. Bouillon Chartier), refurbished by the Compagnons du Devoir in 1996, the two floors in an Art Deco style are breathtaking!
Add up a warm welcome, various choice on the menu, delicious dishes from starters to desserts… for sure, you won’t be disappointed!
Bouillon Racine – Opening everyday from noon to 11pm
3 rue Racine – Paris 6e – Tel. : +33 (0)1 44 32 15 60
Yeepee, we’ll soon have “La Chandeleur”!
Either called candlemas or Pancakes day (but was replaced groundhog day in some countries… What a shame, groundhogs are cute but I prefer pancakes by far !).
As we love them, we want to share with you and will celebrate on thursday February 2nd at 10am… So if you sleep at the hotel, don’t hesitate to join us for a “crepe-flipping” party (prosperity symbol for the coming year it is said, so just in case…) and taste them.
When we say Versailles, we think Castle…
True, it is a must!
But you could also discover many other things in Versailles:
- The Royal Fireworks
- The Gardens and Fountains Show
- The Operas and Ballets
Don’t hesitate to check their website (www.chateauversailles-spectacles.fr) for more information, and enjoy all the magic of Versailles…
If – like us – you are fond of pastries, then you can’t miss L’Atelier des Gâteaux (the Pastries Workshop): it’s just across the street!
It’s an unusual tea room as you can also take lessons there…At this time of the year, it would be a shame not to take advantage of Audrey’s advices to prepare all kind of sweet cakes! Macaroon, cupcake, cheesecake…
More info on their blog (in french!) : L’Atelier des Gâteaux
PS: Oh, one last thing: if you want us to volunteer to taste your creations, it will be with pleasure!
Wonderful exhibition on Cézanne at the Luxembourg Museum (Musée du Luxembourg).
10 minutes walk from the hotel only… would be a shame to miss it!
All information on : www.museeduluxembourg.fr
Be careful, this ends on Feb. 26th!
During Christmas period, there are not only the windows and presents…
You can also check the ice-rinks, specially installed for the occasion, and discover Paris in another way.
We recommend 2 of them:
- The Hotel de Ville’s Ice-rink: very reasonable (they rent you the blades for 5€), for the big kids (1.635 m²) as for the smaller ones (258 m²)… Open from noon to 10pm everyday, and from 9am to 10pm on saturday, sunday, and bank holidays… More info on www.paris.fr. From Dec. 16th to March 4th. 1, place de l’Hotel de Ville – Metro stop Hotel de Ville.
- The Eiffel Tower Ice-rink: unusual, isn’t it? to skate 57m above the ground with the Eiffel Tower just over your head! From 10.30am to 10.30pm, and until Jan. 31st. Champs de Mars – Metro stop Bir Hakeim. To visit the website: www.tour-eiffel.fr
Good afternoon & welcome!
We will try, in this gazette, to keep you informed about many things: the hotel novelties, the Parisian points of interest, the hotel’s area things to see & to do… In one word, everything which will be useful for your stay at the hotel de Sèvres.